Features & Benefits :
Physical Advantages for Flexible Printed Circuits (FPC) and Flexible Flat Cables (FFC).
- More flexibility than rigid PCB’s, as the name suggests.
- Improved resistance to vibrations and movement; lower mass/weight and thickness.
- Smaller package size.
- Allows the circuit to bend to its desired applicable shape.
- Allows for more compact devices.
- High tensile strength—can be significantly molded/deformed without breakage.
- High conformity to bending—can be wrapped multiple times around a cylindrical object.
- Easier to prepare for harsh environments.
- The use of Flexible Flat Cables (FFC) generally used as joiners and extensions, can bend without being damaged, and takes up less space than traditional copper wire harnesses.
- Manufacturing and Assembly Advantages