The features and benefits of Membrane Switches make them the most common construction for custom flexible Membrane Keypads.
When compared to costly electromechanical switch assemblies, Membrane Switches or Keypads stand out for a host of features and benefits:
- Extremely thin construction saves the all-important design space
- Cost, especially when compared to electromechanical switch assemblies
- Low-profile surface is cleaned easily
- An easy, one-piece, one-operation assembly
- Offer a variety of design options
- Design Options offered by Membrane Switches
- Tactile and non-tactile with either Metal Domes, Polydomes or Capacitive
- Pillow or rim-embossed custom Graphic Overlays
- Embedded LED’s
- Sealed Construction depending on custom designs with wide variety of adhesives.
- Backlighting options; EL Electro Luminescence, Fiber Optic Mat, LED backlighting
- Rigid backing can be added such as aluminum, PETG or acrylic
- EMI/RFI and Antistatic shielding options for membrane
- Graphic Overlays that can be digitally printed, screen printed, or a combination of both methods
- The graphic overlays can incorporate transparent and tinted display windows, as well as selective textures these can also incorporate custom and corporate colours as needed.
- Standard 2.54mm Nicomatic connectors or an array of ZIF connection options.
- Chemical, Fire resistant, Stainless Steel Textured or Antimicrobial materials can be used.
Don’t forget to connect with us on our socials.